Job Applicant Interview Tips
Basic Tips for a Successful Interview
First Impression Tips
- Smile and be positive - even over the phone.
- Don't speak negatively about a bad boss or work situation.
- Research the organization prior to going to the interview - the more you know the better you will be prepared.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask the interviewer. Make sure that the position is the correct fit for you and your current needs.
- Prepare and practice for the interview.
- Be able to discuss your strengths and weaknesses.
- Dress for success.
- Arrive early for your interview.
- Be yourself and at ease (comfortable).
- Be positive, courteous, and attentive.
- Turn your cell phone off or on silent during your interview.
- Dress for success
- Well-groomed, conservative appearance
- Tattoos and Body Piercing should not be visible
- Avoid non-verbal signals
- body language
- avoidance of eye contact