Planning & Zoning

Seward County has adopted zoning regulations and building codes. Contractors performing work in the unincorporated areas of Seward County or the City of Kismet are required to be licensed and must obtain building permits and inspections.

The City of Liberal has a separate Building Department that should be contacted for projects in the City of Liberal or the city's extraterritorial area.

The Planning and Zoning Department can perform septic inspections and water tests for lender evaluations.

Floodplain maps for unincorporated Seward County are available in the Planning and Zoning office.

There is a 7 member advisory board that assists with planning and zoning.